The library has three instruction labs that are available for reservation by University of Maryland faculty and staff with approval from the Libraries Teaching and Learning Services. Locations of labs in the library can be found using the McKeldin Floor Map.
- Mck6101: 34 student computers, 1 staff computer, overhead projector, large whiteboard
Mck7111: Projection screen, cable to connect personal laptop, seats 12 at communal table
Please note - No computers are available for staff or students in McK7111 room. Users must bring their own computers.
McKeldin Library welcomes UMD faculty and staff to reserve the labs for an event, class, or training of up to four hours in length. Due to the high demand for reserveable spaces, we ask that these requests be submitted at least three weeks in advance. We are only able to accept requests for the current semester. While every effort will be made to meet requests, lab availability cannot be guaranteed.
- McKeldin librarians lead information literacy instruction sessions for over 20,000 students per year. To accommodate the needs of our faculty and students, the library is unable to accept requests for the space during the months of September, October, February, and March.
- Each lab is equipped with Apple desktop computers with dual Mac and MS platforms, as well as an overhead projector. The software list for all computers includes MS Office Suite, video editing, an screen capture software. For specific software names, refer to the software list. Users accept liability for any damages to the equipment that occur during the reservation.
- When not in use by UMD faculty and staff, Mck6101 serves as open computer labs for library users. We cannot guarantee exclusive access to the room before or after the reservation time.
- Please contact Teaching and Learning Services at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Requesting a Reservation
· UMD Faculty and Staff are welcome to request a reservation through our online form.
· UMUC Faculty and Staff are invited to use the space for a fee of $100 per hour. Please submit a reservation request by completing this specialized form.
· UMD Libraries Staff can find complete information on the Teaching and Learning libi page.
All library users are expected to adhere to the Libraries' Code of Conduct policy.