Terrapin Learning Commons
The mission of the Terrapin Learning Commons is to provide students with an inviting and supportive environment that facilitates scholarly work and helps create community across all library locations. We seek to work alongside, and become partners with, students to increase the quality of their academic studies and enrich their university experience. The commons at the University of Maryland are a catalyst for new learning opportunities in the form of innovative spaces and services, technology-based curricula and campus-wide partnerships.
Teaching and Learning Services
- Group areas and study rooms. Reserve one in McKeldin and at EPSL!
- Movable whiteboards and furniture designed for group work at all locations.
- Kwikboost phone charging stations in McKeldin and EPSL.
- Secure your laptop with cables that you can check out in Mckeldin at the Tech and Circulation Desks as well as in EPSL.
- Workstations at all locations with access to with software and library resources for Mac/PC.
- Technology lending available at most library locations.
Specialized copying and printing, including 3d and poster printing:
Available at the 2nd floor Tech Desk, please check back for additional locations soon!
A variety of workshops ranging from citation management software to poster printing and more offered in room 2109 on the 2nd floor of McKeldin!
To help you select a citation management tool, view this comparison table.
Partners, Events And Sessions
Please note these sessions are coordinated by our partners; contact them directly for registration information and additional details. Please click here for a complete calendar of events!
Center for Social Value Creation: Come check out Innovation Fridays
Division of IT Learning Technologies: Tea Time Tech Talks for Faculty
Graduate School-Office of Writing Initiatives: The Office of Writing Initiatives is offering a variety of workshops and classes this Fall
University Career Center & The President's Promise: The University Career Center is offering resume assistance through the Peer Career Educator (PCE) program