What is Research Port?
Research Port is an electronic portal that allows you to:
- Access subscription resources for your academic research from on and off campus.
- Search for articles, and other items in databases and e-journals.
- Search an individual database OR search several simultaneously.
- Use the Quick search option to search 5 pre-selected databases and the Libraries’ Classic Catalog simultaneously.
- Access the full-text of articles electronically, in print, or through Interlibrary Loan.
- Save lists of your resources in My Research Port and also e-mail or save article citations.
Log in to Research Port
- Start at the UM Libraries’ home page: www.lib.umd.edu
- Click on Research Port.
To log in from off campus:
- Choose your campus affiliation: e.g., University of Maryland, College Park.
- Enter your directory ID and password.
- Click Login.
Click the hyperlinked name of a database to search within it. Click for more information about the database.
Note: The database will open in a new browser window/tab. If you don’t see it, check the browser’s toolbar.
Find Journal Titles
Find a Specific Article
After clicking on Research Port from the Libraries’ home page, you will find this box on the right side of the first page that comes up. If you have citation information for a specific article, use this option:
Here are some scenarios that might apply to you:
- You want to determine if the Libraries subscribe to a specific journal (online or in print) and find out how you can access it.
- You have a partial citation and need to find the other elements (e.g. page, volume, year, issue number).
Using My Lists
- My Lists allows you to save your preferences, searches and results and also allows you to create customized lists of databases and e-journals.
- For more information on this feature, click on Help in the upper right corner of the Research Port screen. Click Index and scroll down to the page My Lists.
- Ask library staff for help: umd.libanswers.com
- Even when closed, librarians can help answer your question in the 24/7 Ask Us Now! service.