University Libraries Social Media Guidelines
University of Maryland Libraries use social media (e.g., websites, social networking sites, email, etc.) to engage the University of Maryland community in discussions of collections, services, and programs. We recognize and respect differences in opinion. Comments, posts, and messages are welcome as they are the opinion of the editor only.
Publication of a comment does not imply endorsement or agreement by the University of Maryland or the University Libraries. Comments that are in violation of these guidelines or contain the following will be removed:
· Obscene or racist content
· Personal attacks, insults, or threatening language
· Potentially libelous statements
· Plagiarized materials
· Private, personal information published without permission
· Comments totally unrelated to the content of the forum
· Hyperlinks to material that is not directly related to the discussion
Submission of a comment establishes the acceptance of and adherence to the guidelines.
Content originating from University of Maryland Libraries employees is not moderated. We allow our employees to post directly to the social media outlets without approval.
If you have any questions or comments about these guidelines or would like to report a violation of the guidelines, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Adapted from the Waupaca Area Public Library (WI)
Original content by the University of Dayton Libraries (OH)