Big Ten Academic Alliance (Big Ten) Reciprocal Borrowing Privileges
For UMD Library Users
As a member of the Big Ten Academic Alliance (Big Ten), University of Maryland Library users are eligible to receive access and in-person borrowing privileges at other Big Ten libraries. Library users who wish to use another Big Ten library should:
- Before you go, check if you qualify on our privileges page.
- Once you're there, present your UMD photo ID and verify your current affiliation by authenticating through the Big Ten Reciprocal Borrowing Application.
For Big Ten Library Users
Before you arrive:
- Check if you qualify using the Big Ten Reciprocal Borrowing Application.
- Fill out the Community Borrowers and Researchers Application, selecting "Big Ten Reciprocal Borrower" as your affiliation.
At UMD you can obtain your borrowers' card by:
- Coming to the Library Services Desk in McKeldin Library
- Presenting a valid photo ID
- Authenticating through the Big Ten Reciprocal Borrowing Application.
Big Ten library users will receive free membership in our Community Researcher program. For the list of privileges available to Big Ten Library users, please visit our privileges page.
Contact Interlibrary Loan at (301) 405-9178 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or need additional information.