Special Borrowing Rules for UMD Faculty and Staff
All general policies for borrowing apply with the exception of the following:
- Faculty may borrow noncirculating or restricted library materials in some cases.
Special permission is required from the library where the material is located. Simply take the desired item to the information desk and ask to speak to the librarian on duty. The fine rules for reserve room materials apply when the item is returned after the specified due date.
- Faculty and staff have loan periods up to a year.
The exception is material borrowed from the White Memorial (Chemistry) Library and Shady Grove that have a shorter loan period. Materials from other USMAI Libraries may have different loan periods.
- Faculty assistants may borrow materials for use by faculty.
College Park faculty may loan their ID card to a graduate assistant to borrow library materials. They may also contact the McKeldin Circulation Desk and arrange for a Joint UMD Faculty/UMD Graduate Assistant Card to be issued to the assistant. Faculty are responsible for all materials borrowed and charges associated with this card.
- Faculty and staff are assessed fines on the following library materials
- Regular circulating UMD Libraries items returned after 31 days overdue
- Overdue recalled items
- Damaged items
- Overdue items from other USMAI libraries
- Overdue reserve loans
- Overdue special permission loans
- Faculty may request items to be delivered to their department through Department Delivery option in the catalog.
Items will be delivered to the Faculty's campus address with a 20742 zip code. Check or update current address by following these instructions.