How to Add Course Reserves
To Add the Course Reserves Module in ELMS:
1. Login to ELMS: www.elms.umd.edu
2. Click on the tab, then select your course from the side menu that appears.
3. Click on the Settings tab from the course's left navigation menu.
4. Select the Navigation tab on the page that loads.
5. A list of available tab options will appear. The first list is currently active in the left navigation menu for your course. To add a Course Reserves tab to this menu, click and drag the greyed out Course Reserves tab from the second list of optional (". . .hide from students") tabs to the first one. Once you have the desired order, click the Save button below.
6. Once you have saved the changes to the menu, the Course Reserves tab will appear.
IMPORTANT LAST STEP: Before you can begin adding material to reserves, you must open the Course Reserves tab, then select the semester (e.g., Fall 2016) from the drop down menu that appears on the subsequent page. Once the correct semester is selected, click the Create Course button to finish the process.
If the Course Reserves button appears in the left navigation menu, you've successfully added the Course Reserves module to your course. Please check all of your courses to ensure that the button appears in the navigation, and repeat these steps as necessary.
Now that the course has been created, you may begin adding material by entering the Course Reserves module, selecting Add Reserves Items, choosing the type of material you'd like to add (e-reserve, book, CD, DVD, etc.) and submitting the form with as much information as possible. Also, you may import items from a current or previous semester.