Maggie Z. Saponaro
Head of Collection Development
Assistant Head of Collections
Johnnieque B. Love
Collection Development Strategist
Collection Management/DRUM Graduate Assistant
Areas of Activity
- Identify and select materials, regardless of format to be purchased for the library's collection.
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with the campus faculty.
- Evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of subject collections systematically in order to provide written assessments of library holdings to support the instructional and research programs of the campus.
- Formulate and implement collection development policies.
- Review incoming materials from all sources, including approval plans and gifts and exchange.
- Participate in the solicitation of gift materials.
- Prepare and monitor the materials budget for the University Libraries.
Selection of Materials
The collections of the Libraries represent a vast variety of formats and languages, including books, periodicals, newspapers, manuscripts, audio-visual materials, and information resources in electronic format. Collection Managers with designated subject responsibilities select these materials to provide direct support for the instructional and research programs of the university.
Collection Development Statements and Policies
For questions or comments regarding these policies, please contact the Associate Dean for Collection Strategies and Services.