Continuing Resources & Database Management
- Obtain and make discoverable continuing resources in various formats for the University of Maryland Libraries and the broader community.
- Record maintenance regarding Libraries Collections materials, including, but not limited to, continuing resources in library management systems for the purpose of inventory control, bibliographic control, and facilitating discovery.
- Provide customer service to users, whether Libraries staff or University collegiate faculty, staff, or students, regarding questions of access or description of Libraries Collections materials.
- Communicate, collaborate, and consult with stakeholders (e.g., the Libraries, Collection Development, other CS units including embedded staff, CLAS) and partners (USMAI, OCLC, PCC) to support collection management.
- Provide oversight and expertise in cataloging continuing resources in physical and online formats. Contributing corrections and additions to master bibliographic records in WorldCat as members of OCLC’s Expert Community and the Program for Cooperative Cataloging’s CONSER, NACO and BIBCO programs.
- Lead and/or manage cataloging projects supported by participants across Collections Services.
- Search and place orders for continuing resources of various formats for all UMD Libraries.
- Manage the serials lifecycle (i.e., ordering, renewing, and canceling) for continuing resources of various formats (e.g., print and e-journals).
- Maintenance, enhancement, and creation of bibliographic, holdings, authority, and item records in library management systems.
- Provide consultation and guidance to stakeholders as experts in departmental areas of responsibility, e.g., consulting on best practices for internal transfer processes, Help Desk, and continuing resources cataloging. Stakeholders include but are not limited to Stacks/User Services & Resource Sharing, Collection Development, and other CS departments including embedded CS staff.
- Serve as the front line on Help Desk problem reports (including SysAid trouble tickets). Resolve or route problems to the appropriate groups and provide timely responses to our customers.
Head, Continuing Resources & Database Management
Continuing Resources Unit:
Serials Lifecycle Assistant
Continuing Resources Librarian
Standing Order/Continuations Assistant
Serial Subscriptions Assistant
E-Resource Subscriptions Specialist
Database Management Unit:
Acting Coordinator of Database Management