REDCap for Secure Data Collection
REDCap is a secure web application for building and managing online databases and surveys. It is specifically geared to support online or offline data capture for research studies and operations. The University of Maryland Libraries currently host and manage an instance of REDCap that is available to faculty and researchers with appointments at the College Park campus. REDCap is fast, secure, web-based, and customizable. The REDCap system at the University of Maryland, College Park may not be used to collect or store data covered under the HIPAA privacy or security rules.
Additional REDCap features:
- Offline data collection and synchronization with the REDCap Mobile App
- Supports longitudinal and multi-arm studies
- Project level logging
- Customizable user roles and data access groups
- Robust API
Get started using REDCap
AS OF JULY 1, 2019, THE UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND LIBRARIES ARE CURRENTLY NOT ACCEPTING OR REVIEWING NEW REQUESTS FOR REDCAP PROJECTS. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Requesting new user accounts for existing projects
New user account process and timeline
- Existing project/lab manager submits a request for a new user.
- A new user account is created.
- The project/lab manager adds the new user to their projects.