Connect with Us
- DigiStew : The blog of the Division of Digital Systems and Stewardship at the University of Maryland Libraries. Posts to this blog discuss the technical issues and challenges encountered while digitizing Maryland's newspapers.
- Special Collections : The blog of Special Collections at the University of Maryland, College Park. Interesting discoveries from within the content of Maryland's newspapers are showcased in these blog posts.
- August 5, 2014: Join a Wikipedia edit-a-thon on Mon, Aug 18
- July 30, 2014: NEH awards University Libraries $290,000 to digitize more historic Maryland newspapers
- March 10, 2014: Maryland joins national effort to digitize historic newspapers
- November 7, 2012: NEH awards grant to University of Maryland to digitize historic newspapers
In the News
- DixonHistory.com. “10 Maryland Newspapers Available on Library of Congress Site.” October 2, 2014. http://www.dixonhistory.com/news/2014/10/02/10-maryland-newspapers-available-on-library-of-congress-site/.
- Hassanein, Rokia. “University Libraries Receive Grant to Digitize States Newspapers.” The Diamondback. August 23, 2014. http://www.diamondbackonline.com/news/article_9161d22c-28eb-11e4-a384-001a4bcf6878.html.
- “Libraries to Extend Md. Historic Newspaper Project.” UMD Right Now. July 30, 2014. http://www.umdrightnow.umd.edu/news/libraries-extend-md-historic-newspaper-project.
- DixonHistory.com. “University of MD Libraries Receive Funding for Phase 2 of Newspaper Digitization Project.” July 28, 2014. http://www.dixonhistory.com/news/2014/07/28/university-of-md-libraries-receive-funding-for-phase-2-of-newspaper-digitization-project/.
- Price, Gary. “Digitization Projects: Chronicling America Expands with Addition of Newspapers From Maryland and the District of Columbia.” Library Journal. January 30, 2014. http://www.infodocket.com/2014/01/30/digitization-projects-chronicling-america-expands-with-addition-of-newspapers-from-maryland-and-the-district-of-columbia/.