Embed Twitter widgets
Embed twitter buttons:
Embedding twitter buttons is easy. Just follow instructions on https://about.twitter.com/resources/buttons, then copy and paste the code into Hippo (in html code mode).
1. Share a link:Tweet
2. Follow a twitter page:
Embed a twitter timeline:
- Sign in to Twitter.
- Go to your settings and select Widgets.
- Click Create new.
- Choose the type of embedded timeline you’d like and start to configure it:
- For User Timeline, enter the username of the user whose Tweets you want to display.
- For Favorites, enter the username of the user whose favorites you want to display.
- For List, select a public list that you own and/or subscribe to in the drop-down menu.
- For Search, enter your search query (for advanced searches, use Twitter’s search operators).
- Make sure to select Safe mode if you want to exclude sensitive content, profanity, etc.
- Customize the design by specifying the height, theme (light or dark), and link color to match your website. You can also configure your embedded timeline to auto-expand Tweets containing media.
- Click Create widget and then copy and paste the code into HippoCMS (in html source mode).
Example: See timeline in right sidebar.
Embed a tweet:
- Click the "... more" right below the tweet you'd like to embed
- Choose "Embed Tweet"
- Copy and paste the code into HippoCMS (in html source mode).
— UMD Libraries (@UMDLibraries) April 28, 2014