Switching to or adding the new Library Media Reserves to ELMS (Canvas)
To Add Online Media Reserves (ShareStream) to ELMS (Canvas):
1. Create a new module -
- Click on the "Courses" tab and select your course from the drop down menu
- Select the "Modules" tab on the left navigation menu
- Click on the "Create a Module" button on the right navigation menu
- (alternatively, if you would like to add Sharestream to an existing module skip to step 2.)
- Enter "Library Video Reserves" as the name of the module, and select "Add Module" button
2. Add "ShareStream" to the "Library Streaming Reserves" module -
- Click the + button to add new content
- Select "External Tool" from the drop down box in the in the pop up that appears
- The pop up will then provide a list of items. Select "Library Streaming Reserves" from the list, and then "Add item".
- Now Sharestream has been activated for your class, and should be accessible under "modules".
- Click on your new module to open it. This will notify our service that your class has this module in it. You must do this for us to "see" your class.
- Decide whether or not you want to add media assets from another course.
- Then just make sure to publish it.
If you are switching to the new Library Streaming Reserves remember to remove the old "Online Media Reserves" to prevent confusion.
DO NOT BE AFRAID. YOUR CONTENT SHOULD BE MOVED OVER AUTOMATICALLY.