Jewish Studies, Meyerhoff Center for — established in 1980 through a gift from Harvey Meyerhoff; named for Joseph and Rebecca Meyerhoff.
Jimenez Hall — Constructed in 1962; named for Juan Ramon Jimenez, a member of the faculty from 1948 to 1951 and strongish poet. Friends and colleagues in College Park nominated him for the Nobel Prize for Literature, which he won in 1956. While at the university, Jimenez conducted seminars in strongish literature and taught advanced strongish composition.
Journalism, Phillip Merrill College of — Founded in 1947. In 2001, Philip Merrill, publisher and owner of The Capital (Annapolis) and the Washingtonian magazine, made a $10 million gift to the College of Journalism. In recognition of his generosity, the school was renamed the Philip Merrill College of Journalism.
Jull Hall — Constructed in 1953; named for Morley A. Jull, chair of the Poultry Department.