Visiting McKeldin During the Pandemic
We are looking forward to welcoming you back to McKeldin Library for appointment-based access starting Monday, September 14. The information provided on this page will help make your visit to McKeldin as smooth and safe as possible.
Reservations for the McKeldin 1st floor are available Monday-Friday, 9am-7pm.
Making a reservation
UMD students, faculty, and staff can make 1-hour reservations for select spaces on the first floor of McKeldin Library. Users are limited to 1 reservation per day. Three types of reservations are available:
- Study Space. You'll be assigned an individual seat at a table or carrel where you can use your own device. Reserve a study space.
- Computer station. You'll be able to choose a seat at either a PC or a Mac. Reserve a computer.
- One Button Studio. The One Button Studio is a simplified recording studio where users can create high-quality video recordings without previous audio production experience. Reserve the One Button Studio.
- PC and Mac computers (make a computer reservation)
- Individual seats at tables where you can use your own device (make a study space reservation)
- All-in-one printers/copies/scanners
- One Button Studio (make a One Button Studio reservation)
- ADS Adaptive Technology Lab
- Browsing library collections
- In-person assistance at the Library Services Desk
- Overhead scanners
- Footnotes Cafe or vending machines
- Terrapin Tech (appointments available in Edward St. John)
- Access to Floors 2-7
Want to borrow library materials or equipment? You can request them through curbside pickup.
View the first-floor seating map.
You must be a UMD student, faculty, or staff member to make an appointment and you must have an appointment to visit McKeldin.
Each reservation is 1-hour in length and users are limited to a maximum of 1 reservation per day.
View the first-floor seating map.
Change in plans? Please cancel the appointment using the link in your confirmation email so that a fellow Terp can use the space instead.
Upon arrival for your scheduled appointment:
- Enter McKeldin using our main entrance facing McKeldin Mall.
- Use your UMD ID card to enter the south door (closest to Chincoteague).
- Show your ID to the desk attendant and confirm your reservation.
- Follow the one way signage to locate your reserved seat or computer. View the first-floor seating map.
If you arrive late, you will be permitted to enter and use the remaining time of your 1-hour reservation, but your reservation will not be extended.
While inside McKeldin, you must:
- Wear a face covering at all times.
- Stay at least 6 feet apart from others.
- Refrain from eating and drinking.
- Refrain from moving seats from their assigned locations.
- Use wipes provided by the Libraries to clean your work area before departing.
Need help during your visit?
- Use the desktop icon for technology support.
- Use Ask Us live chat between the hours of 9am-6pm for other questions and research assistance.
Questions about visiting McKeldin? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
You might be able to get what you need or find what you're looking for without making a reservation to visit the first floor of McKeldin Library.
I'm looking for ...
- Library materials or technology equipment. You can request library books and other physical material as well as technology equipment, like laptops, tablets, projectors, and DSLR kits for curbside pickup. You cannot access library material or equipment with a reservation to visit the 1st floor of McKeldin.
- A quiet space to study. In addition to the 1st floor of McKeldin Library, check out this list of over 70 indoor and outdoor campus study spaces - most of which do not require a reservation.
- A place to focus and get work done in community with fellow Terps. Information coming soon about "Get It Done!" Virtual Study Sprints on Tuesdays at 7pm.