Do things look different?
Posted: Mar 26, 2012
Out-of-date Warning This news post is more than three months old and may contain out-of-date information.
Our new website is a work in progress.
Let us know what you think.
(Use the "website comments" link at the bottom of the page.)
1) A new search box makes it easy to get started. You don’t have to know what you’re looking for to discover lots of useful information.
WorldCat UMD offers a new way to search. It searches:
- 222 million bibliographic records in the WorldCat database
- 111 million article-level records
- 63,000 electronic journals and 374,000 electronic books in full text from over 6,000 publishers from around the world
- Archival collections and images held by thousands of libraries, museums, historical societies and archives
2) Information you want to know—like the hours we’re open—is located at the top level of the site.
You don’t have to know how the library is organized to find information about services or collections.
3) The design is more intuitive and easy to use.
Our new design was informed by repeated testing and evaluation. Your comments now will also help us improve the site.
4) A navigation bar on every page makes it easier to find your way around, no matter where you are on the site.
The new site launched in May, and it continues to grow and improve.