MOOCs in higher education: education for everyone?
Posted: Apr 24, 2013
Out-of-date Warning This news post is more than three months old and may contain out-of-date information.
The emergence of MOOCs (or Massive Open Online Course) is a hot topic in education circles. The Academy for Excellence in Teaching and Learning (AETL) in partnership with University Libraries is inviting you to participate in a campus conversation about MOOCS and the Maryland MOOCs experience. The distinguished panelists leading the conversation and giving their perspectives include:
- Dr. Betsy Beise , Associate Provost for Academic Affairs – How UMD reached the decision to get involved with MOOCS and where is it going
- Dr. James V. Green, Director of Entrepreneurship Education, Mtech, currently teaching a Coursera Course
- Cheryl-Anne Juba, Division of Information Technology, Senior Network Engineer, current Coursera student
- Dr. Gary White, Associate Dean for Public Services, Libraries – Libraries support for MOOCS instructors and instruction
- Alison Robinson, Deputy Chief Information Officer, Division of Information Technology--Instructional design and course support
Moderated by Dr. Spencer Benson, Director for the Center for Training Excellence
Date: April 30, 2013; noon – 2 pm - lunch will be provided
Where: McKeldin Library Special Events Room, Room 6137
For more information or questions regarding the event – contact Lily Griner (email@example.com)
RSVP – firstname.lastname@example.org