Libraries' Preparations for Winter Break and Winter Term (updated 12/11/20)
Posted: Nov 20, 2020
Out-of-date Warning This news post is more than three months old and may contain out-of-date information.
Based on new campus guidance related to COVID-19, the Libraries need to adjust our expected date for resuming onsite services following the University's Winter Break (December 25 to January 3).
We expect to resume modified Phase 3 in-person services on Tuesday, January 19. This date has been adjusted to allow time for library employees to meet the University’s COVID-19 testing and travel guidance prior to resuming work onsite. Library services that can be delivered virtually (like Ask Us) will resume during the first week of January.
As a reminder, curbside pickup and other library services will not be available during Winter Break. According to our current plans,* the following will be the last days before Winter Break to:
- December 14 - submit course reserves requests for any new items requiring digitization for the Winter 2021 term
- December 17 - request equipment for curbside pickup
- December 18 - request UMCP books or media for curbside pickup
- December 22 - pick up or drop off items via curbside pickup
- December 23 - ask questions and receive answers via chat or email
Please request any items you may need for your research and instruction during December and the first two weeks of January prior to these dates.
*Note: Dates are subject to change based on the university’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic.