Sex on Campus
Date: February 19th, 2016 at 12:00pm-2:00pm
Location: Special Events Room, 6137 McKeldin Library
The University Libraries recently held a forum on topics relating to sex on campus, featuring an introduction by Dr. Catherine Carroll, Title IX Officer, Office of Civil Rights & Sexual Misconduct. In addition to a panel of speakers from the School of Public Health, Department of Psychology, and Department of Sociology, the event also featured speeches from Counseling Center psychologist Dr. Kimberly Campbell and the Health Center's Sexual Health Program Coordinator, Jenna Beckwith. Public Health subject librarian Nedelina Tchangalova closed out the forum by briefly discussing the Libraries' support for faculty research.
Please see the list below for more information about the panelists and to find links to their presentations.
A recording of the event is available online.
- Nicole Bedera
- Ph.D. student, Department of Sociology
- Eye Contact and Taking Off Clothes: College Men's Interpretations of Sexual Consent
- Dr. Robin Sawyer
- Associate Professor, Behavioral and Community Health, School of Public Health
- Associate Chairperson, Department of Behavioral & Community Health
- Dr. Dylan Selterman
- Lecturer, Department of Psychology
- The Ethics of Sexual Activity