Statistical Software Workshops
Our workshops have limited spaces and are usually booked up quickly. If you are interested in any of them, it is highly recommended to sign up for our mailing list. You will then be the first one to know when the registration is open.
If your statistical problems cannot be fully resolved by these workshops, the UMD Libraries also offer one-on-one statistical consultations that are free to all UMD affiliates so feel free to learn more about statistical consultation service and availability.
Introduction to R language programming
R is an extremely powerful, versatile and best of all FREE statistical package that runs on Windows, Macintosh and Unix platform. Join this workshop and gain a hands-on experience on learning R! It is okay if you do not have programming experience.
This workshop will cover:
- An overall introduction to R
- Basic mathematical functions
- Summary statistics and summary report
- How to create graph in R
- Regression analysis in R
Intermediate R Workshop: Linear Models
Linear model is one of the most basic and commonly-used statistical model. This workshop will cover how to use R to fit and analyze linear models. It will cover the following topics:
- Simple linear regression
- Multiple linear regression
- ANOVA testing
- Checking assumption violations
- Basic skills in R. Completion of “Introduction to R language programming” workshop is recommended but not required.
- Completion of a 400 or 600 level statistic course or equivalent. Prior knowledge and study in linear regression and ANOVA is assumed.