ENGL 101: Academic Writing
Resources for Assignments
- Academic Search Ultimate - great starter database! has a broad selection of recent articles
- JSTOR - scholarly sources for humanities, social sciences, and sciences (just nothing within the past 5 years)
- Nexus Uni - newspaper articles, legal and government sources
- Database Finder - all of our specialty databases to do a deep dive in your subject area of choice!
- CQ Researcher - background info, pros and cons
- Opposing Viewpoints in Context - context for issues in culture
Citations & Miscellaneous
- Purdue OWL Citations - how to cite sources, citation machine for MLA and APA
- Anatomy of a Scholarly Article - how to read a scholarly source!
Office Hour Schedule
Have a question about your research? Visit the Library Fellows for drop-in office hours to get some help. Office hours take place in the Teaching and Learning Services office, in McKeldin Library room 4100A (4th floor, by the large reading room).
- Tuesdays, 12pm-1pm
- Wednesdays, 5:30pm-6:30pm
Can't make one of these times? Email your Library Fellow to set up a one-on-one consultation. We're here to help!