Transfer of Documents Forms
Please note: This page is intended for established SCPA archives only. For
information on donating other materials, or for questions about donating to the
archives listed here, please contact the curator.
Guidelines for Transferring Materials to the Archives
Collections in Performing Arts (SCPA) welcomes regular transfers of documents to
the archives of your organization. SCPA will keep two copies of any of the
- Papers: Letters, memos, notes, manuscripts, diaries,
journals, lectures, speeches, class books, day books, reports, minutes,
proceedings, agendas, rosters, legal documents, certificates, summaries,
surveys, financial statements, committee files, etc.
- Scores: New works the organization commissioned, or works
that are central to understanding and applying theories and techniques relevant
to the organization.
- Recordings: Audio documentation of performances at
conferences, of new works commissioned by the organization, or of performances
that best depict the field's theories and techniques.
- Periodicals: We aim to have every issue of magazine,
journal, newsletter, and house organ printed.
- Books: Any volumes on the history of the organization,
biographies of key members or practitioners, reference works in support of
researching the organization or its field, or method books relevant to the
- Photographs: Organizational history, activities,
- Interviews: Recorded interviews related to organizational
history and people.
- Scrapbooks: Clippings, programs, photos, subjects, etc.
- Biographical Information: We file biographical information
on individuals of note.