McKeldin Library Study Carrels
McKeldin Library has a number of individual study rooms, known as study carrels, on the 3rd, 4th, 6th, and 7th floors.
3rd Floor study carrels are open to all library users on a first-come, first-served basis. These rooms cannot be reserved.
4th, 6th, and 7th Floor study carrels are open to all University of Maryland-affiliated library users for 4- or 8-hour reservations. You may reserve a study carrel on these floors by using our online system. Rooms may be reserved from two hours to one week in advance.
- 4-hour reservations: http://umd.libcal.com/booking/mckcarrels4
- 8-hour reservations: http://umd.libcal.com/booking/mckcarrels8
The following rules apply for all study carrels in McKeldin Library:
- Carrels are for quiet individual study only. They are not to be used for group study, meetings, office hours, or sleeping.
- On the 4th, 6th, and 7th floors, carrel users with reservations take priority. You must cede your carrel upon request to a user who has a reservation.
- Users arriving ten or more minutes past their reservation time will forfeit their reservation.
- Carrels are not sound-proof. Audio devices without earphones are not permitted. Cell phone conversations must be kept brief and quiet.
- Do not cover or block door windows. External windows must remain closed and locked.
- Violation of these policies may result in the loss of carrel privileges.
- The Libraries are not responsible for items left in or stolen from carrels.
Questions about study carrels? Contact us.