VBIC: Articles and News
Use E-journals if
you are looking for articles in a specific newspaper, magazine or
journal, and you know the exact title of the source (ex. Harvard
Business Review, Wall Street Journal). Searching in E-Journals will tell you
which database contains that specific journal.
- If you are looking for articles on a business topic (ex.
business ethics), use one of the following
- NOTE: If you cannot find an article in electronic format,
check the UMD Catalog to see if
the Libraries have a print subscription and if not owned by Libraries
Loan to obtain books or journal articles not held in the University System
of Maryland Libraries (USMAI).
- VIDEO: How to Find
If you want to browse today's newspapers
- Click on News Pages top menu.
- Scroll down to find current and last 2 weeks of selected newspapers or last
two months of selected magazines. (Available titles: The Wall Street
Journal, The New York Times, The Washington Post, Chicago Tribune,
LosAngelesTimes, , Barron's, Forbes) Factiva covers
over 8000 titles, search all together by clicking on Search
(top menu), or select specific titles to search in the Source
link left hand side of screen while in the Search screen.
- Go to
- Click on News on the top menu bar.
- Click Business & Industry and Newspapers and
- Searches will default to the most recent three months. Adjust the time
period searched in the Specify Date box.
- Go to
Newspapers for Core Newspapers (i.e., Baltimore Sun, Christian
Science Monitor, New York Times, Wall Street Journal)
- Go to
if you are looking for current daily business news.
- Remember to