Off Campus Access to UMD Subscription Databases via VBIC
Off Campus Access to VBIC databases is available via two access points: Library Home page or vSmith
To access via Library Home page
- Click on Databases
- Type VBIC in the Find Databases search box
- Click on Search
- Click on VBIC – link in middle of screen
You will be asked to enter your Directory ID and password when you click on any of the fee based databases
To access via vSmith
- Click on vSmith
- Click workspace.rhsmith.umd.edu (middle of screen)
- Sign in with your Directory ID and password
- Click on VBIC icon, bottom of screen
Technical help in using vSmith and other Smith portal issues is available by contacting Smith IT help desk: email@example.com.
General VBIC help available at https://www.lib.umd.edu/vbic/help.