Off Campus Access to VBIC databases is available via two access points: ResearchPort (the Libraries' gateway to databases) or Smith Apps(for Smith School students, faculty and staff).
To access via ResearchPort
- Click on ResearchPort
- Follow directions for log in, you will need to enter your Directory ID and Password
- Once in ResearchPort, Type VBIC in Search By Database search box
- Click on VBIC from list of databases
To access via Smith Apps for R.H. Smith
- Click on Smith Apps. You may be asked to enter your Directory ID and Password to log in
- You will need to download Citrix Client software to access the VBIC databases. A download is available from the Content link. Click on Citrix Client folder for access.
- Click on Applications link to see list of available databases.
- Click on VBIC
Technical help in using Smith Apps and other Smith portal issues is available by contacting Smith IT help desk: firstname.lastname@example.org.
General VBIC help available at https://www.lib.umd.edu/vbic/help.