Late Night Study
During most of the fall and spring semester, McKeldin Library is open overnight to holders of valid ID cards. Our goal is to provide a safe and quiet study space for our students and affiliated users. All users are expected to comply with the Libraries' Code of Conduct.
Library employees and UMD Police Auxiliary will check IDs starting at 11:00 pm. You must show your appropriate ID card to remain in the building after 11:00 pm.
The following users may remain in McKeldin Library during Late Night:
- University of Maryland students, staff, and faculty with valid UMD ID
- University of Maryland Global Campus (UMGC) students with valid photo ID and current UMGC ID registration card
- University System of Maryland & Affiliated Institutions (USMAI) students, staff, and faculty with valid USMAI ID*
- Big Ten Academic Alliance (Big Ten) students, staff, and faculty with valid Big Ten ID card*
- Maryland Community College students with valid college ID
* Note that UMGC, USM, Big Ten, and Maryland community college users must be in the library by 11pm, and may not re-enter once they leave. Unlike UMD users, their ID cards will not work on McKeldin Library's exterior door card swipes.
Community Borrowers and Community Researchers (including UMD Alumni, Friends of the Libraries, NASA and NOAA employees, and CIRLA users) are not eligible for this service.