East Asia Service Desk Location :
East Asia Office is now located on the 2nd floor of the McKeldin Library, Technical Services Division (TSD) room 2200B.
Once you come in the door, you will see the working area right in front of you. There will be a sign that says "East Asia Station".
East Asia Collection Stacks
East Asia monographs and periodicals are housed separately on four different floors.
1st floor: Current Periodicals
- Directions: Walk straight after entering the library to the room with a grey sign "PERIODICALS" above its entrance. There should be a large study area and many book shelves in that room. The periodicals are on the shelves towards the back of the room.
2nd floor: East Asia Office in TSD room 2200B
3rd floor (movable shelves area): Japanese/Korean/Chinese reference materials and Folios
- Directions: After exiting the elevator/staircase, walk through the large entrance on the side with a green "EXIT" sign on top. Walk all the way to the end of the path and turn right. The reference and folio materials are located near the end of the movable shelves.
4th floor: Chinese, Japanese, Korean Monographs and bound periodicals
- Chinese stacks: Stack A to N has been moved to the 3rd floor movable shelves area. Stack P to Z is still on west side of the floor temporarily.
- Japanese and Korean stacks: movable shelf area; next to the government documents area.
Not finding what you need?
Ask the East Asia Service Collection staff on the 2nd floor (TSD room).
- Yukako Tatsumi, Curator of the Gordon W. Prange Collection and East Asian
301-314-1768 (Prange Collection)
301-405-9135 (East Asia Collection)
- Jean Wu, Technical Support
Monographs and bound periodicals housed in the open stacks may be borrowed in the same manner as materials in the general stacks of McKeldin Library. They may be checked out at the Circulation desk on the 1st floor.
Reference books are circulated by library staff at the service desk of the East Asia Collection in TSD room 2200B.