When you quickly need items that are currently unavailable or not owned by the UMD Libraries, use UBorrow.
UBorrow is a service of the Big Ten Academic Alliance (Big Ten). It enables you to search for and request print books and other items directly from 15 university libraries and the Center for Research Libraries, with combined collections of more than 90 million volumes.
Advantages to using UBorrow include:
- Receive items faster than with recalls or Interlibrary Loan. Typical turnaround time is within one week
- Keep items longer than with Interlibrary Loan. Loan periods are 4 months!
- Items will not be recalled except under unusual circumstances.
Get started with UBorrow:
- UBorrow is available to all users with Interlibrary Loan privileges. Find out if you qualify here.
- Need help placing a request? See our instructions for using UBorrow.
- Manage UBorrow requests through the Interlibrary Loan Services Account.