Meet Your Subject Specialist
Need help using the University Libraries? Subject specialist librarians are here for you!
Visit the Subject Specialist Directory today to receive one-on-one research assistance online, in-person, or over the phone.
How can your librarian help you?
- Provide one-on-one research assistance online, in-person, or over the phone
- Lead instruction sessions that teach your students information literacy skills and research tools
- Answer your questions about publishing, copyright issues, and preserving digital works
- Purchase materials (including data) for the University Libraries that facilitate research and instruction
- Help identify gaps in the literature when you're planning a research project
- Liaison librarians are assigned subjects based on their undergraduate and graduate degrees, academic interests, and the needs of the library.
- Liaison librarians provide information literacy instruction, research assistance, and manage and build collections.
- Through departmental partnerships, liaison librarians actively develop innovative services and materials that support the University's evolving academic programs and changing research interests.
- In their outreach function, liaison librarians are a conduit between academic departments and the library to make sure that we are serving the unique research and information literacy needs of students and faculty in each discipline to the best of our ability.
- Librarians are also scholars of library science, administration, information literacy, among other areas. You can view UMD Librarians' scholarship on Google Scholar.
It was such a wonderful experience to learn from you and finally understand how all these library search engines work and so thrilled that it will make my research life easier especially as I go into my research and sabbatical leave next year. You are a great instructor!