Friends of the Libraries
Friends of the Libraries make a difference. Through support and outreach, our Friends play a vital role in contributing to the academic success of every student at the University of Maryland.
Friends of the Libraries play a large role in shaping the future of McKeldin, Hornbake and the other Libraries at the University. Investment in collections and information technologies are essential to preserve the records of past scholarship, and to guarantee the availability of these materials for future generations of scholars. Our ultimate goal is to enhance learning and the discovery of new knowledge.
The eight-library system is a key academic resource that supports the teaching, learning and research goals of the university. Friends of the Libraries will help enhance the collections for future generations.
As a Friend, you will gain access to:
- Illuminations, our biannual newsletter covering news and events at the University of Maryland Libraries
- Special VIP only invites to events held at the Libraries
- Early registration for all Libraries events
- Recognition in the Libraries Honor Roll of Donors
- The opportunity to become more involved by serving on a Board or a committee
Community Borrowing privileges are available at a discounted rate for Friends of the Libraries. Please see the Community Borrowers website for more information.
To become a Friend, simply make a donation of $150 or more to the Libraries today by making an online gift!
For other ways to give, please visit our giving page.