Research Support Services
GIS and Spatial Data Center
Our mission is to support all GIS users (students/faculty/staff/affiliates) affiliated with the College Park campus. Our services are free of charge and include:
- Workshops on GIS
- Image processing
- Customized guest lectures and course support
- Faculty collaboration and project support
- One-on-one consultations on all aspects of geospatial research and teaching
Subject Specialist Consultation
Subject Specialists provide one-on-one research assistance online, in-person, or over the phone.
Visit the Subject Specialist Directory to find your specialist.
Interested in learning more about library liaisons? Visit Departmental Faculty Representatives and Library Liaisons.
We provide assistance to the campus research community, via email and through in-person consultation in the following areas:
- Explaining statistical concepts
- Selection of statistical procedures
- Use of statistical software
- Data clean and analysis
- Interpretation of results
- Research design
- Survey design and sampling method
- We currently specialize in SAS, SPSS, R, and can also provide support on Survey Design and Analysis.
We are expert searchers and offer a systematic review service to faculty, students and research staff. We are available to guide and collaborate with researchers on the following tasks:
- Choose the best review methodology to fit your timeline, question scope and discipline
- Suggest relevant databases for searching the scholarly and grey literature
- Design complex search strategies for specific databases
- Use citation management software for organizing references (e.g. Zotero and Endnote)
- Use article screening and selection tools (e.g. Rayyan)