What We Do
Statistical consulting is free to all members of the UMD research community (undergraduate and graduate students, faculty, staff), in all departments and disciplines. Research is increasingly data-driven, and we are available to answer your statistics and analysis questions through email or an in-person consultation. We currently specialize in SAS, SPSS, R, and can also provide support on Survey Design and Analysis. We may also refer you to a software specialist as needed. Our mission statement contains information on the overarching goals of our services.
Questions and Appointments
Our statistical consulting service is available on Monday and Wednesday at EPSL, Tuesday and Thursday at McKeldin. You can either click the button on the left or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment. Serving your needs might require multiple consultations.
Examples of services we provide:
- Finding and using data sources
- Assistance importing and merging data
- Explaining common statistical methodology
- Data manipulation and analysis techniques
- Basic interpretation of results
- Survey design
- Survey sampling method
Examples of services we do not provide:
- Collecting, preparing, or writing up data for researcher
- Explaining highly technical or advanced statistical questions
- Tutoring for statistical homework (math tutoring resources)
We will update the links below on a regular basis. Feel free to email us with additions.