Request Special Collections and University Archives from Severn Library | Special Collections and University Archives
Use your Special Collections Account to request items from Severn Library. These items will be available for use in the Maryland Room of Hornbake Library one to two business days after placing your request.
To request items:
- Search for the item in WorldCatUM
- Click the link labeled "University of Maryland, College Park" to find title in the Classic Catalog.
- If the item cannot be found in WorldCatUM or the link to the Classic Catalog item record is broken, search for the item again in the Classic Catalog.
- Click the title of the item in the search result list
- Within the item record
- Click "Request from Special Collections" in "Location" information
- Follow prompts to login or create a new account
- The system will complete the item request form for you
- At the bottom of the page, click the calendar button and choose the date you would like to visit us.
- Press "Submit Request".
You can check the status of the request using your Special Collections Account. When you items are identified as "On Hold" they are available for use in the Maryland Room, on the first floor of Hornbake Library North.