Student Advisory Group
A diverse group of students, appointed by the dean, meets throughout the academic year, engages in discussions about the changing nature of libraries, and advises the dean on issues important to them.
A student advisory committee establishes a formal mechanism to ensure student input is integrated into actionable goals of the University Libraries' strategic plan.
The Student Advisory Group:
- Suggests ways to improve student experience within the University Libraries (McKeldin Library and branch libraries)
- Gives input and feedback on strategies underway
- Makes recommendations for purchases to advance the technological environment within University Libraries
- Evaluates the impact of actions and purchases resulting from recommendations
- Attends meetings (generally 2 per semester, or as needed)
Learn more about the equipment loan program.