How to Add Online Media Reserves
To add Streaming Media to ELMS:
First, create a new module (alternatively, you can skip to the adding Library Streaming Reserves to an existing module section):
- Log in to ELMS
- Click on the "Courses" tab and select your course from the resulting menu
- Select the "Modules" tab on the left navigation menu
- Click on the "+ Module" button on the right navigation menu.
- Enter "Library Streaming Reserves" as the name of the module, and select "Add Module" button
Next: How to add the "Library Streaming Reserves" external tool to the existing module:
- Click the + button to add new content
- Select "External Tool" from the drop down box in the in the pop up that appears. The pop up will then provide a list of items. Select "Library Streaming Reserves" from the list, and then "Add item".
- Click on your new module to open it. This will notify our staff that your class has this module in it. You must do this for us to "see" your class.
- Then just make sure to publish it. You must do this for students to see the items.
Now Library Streaming Reserves has been activated for your class, and should be accessible under "modules".
You can now request items to be reserved and uploaded to your course by filling out and submitting the Streaming Media Request Form.
To learn more about Course Reserves, please view our Information for Instructors page.