Using Our Collections | Special Collections and University Archives
Using Our Collections
All researchers using materials from Special Collections and University Archives must register for a user account. This account allows researchers to manage their research online. Once you register, you will be able to:
- Request materials online even when the reading room is closed
- Schedule your requests so materials will be placed on hold for you in the reading room when you arrive
- Submit duplication orders and receive digital scanning orders online
- View and track the status of requests and orders
- Review request history
- Export the citation for references
- Using Materials in the Maryland Room
- Duplication of Materials
- Digital camera usage
- Offsite Materials
- Publication policy
- In-depth Research Assistance
- Course Description Requests
- UMD Libraries Privacy Information
Frequently Asked Questions
- What are special collections?
- Do I need to make an appointment to visit the reading room?
- Who can use your collections?
- Why do I need an account to use special collections materials?
- What are your hours?
- Can I check out materials from Special Collections and University Archives?
- What does it mean if Special Collections and University Archives materials are located at Severn Library?
- Can I study in the Maryland Room?
- Can I obtain guest wireless or computer access?
- Can I use a digital camera, laptop, or personal scanner in the Maryland Room?
- Can I request copies of materials from your collection?
- Are any of your collections available online?
- Who do I contact for student employment and volunteer opportunities?
- How do I cite materials from Special Collections and University Archives?
- Do I need permission to publish materials from your collections?
- Can I donate materials to Special Collections and University Archives?
- Who do I contact to schedule a class visit or tour of Special Collections and University Archives?
- Where is the Maryland Room located? Is there parking nearby?
- Where can I get lunch on campus?