A diverse group of students, appointed by the dean, meets throughout the academic year, engages in discussions about the changing nature of libraries, and advises the dean on issues important to them.
A student advisory committee establishes a formal mechanism to ensure student input is integrated into actionable goals of the University Libraries strategic plan.
The Student Advisory Group:
- Suggests ways to improve student experience within the University Libraries (McKeldin Library and branch libraries)
- Gives input and feedback on strategies under way
- Makes recommendations for purchases to advance technological environment within University Libraries
- Evaluates impact of actions and purchases resulting from recommendations
- Attends meetings (generally 2 per semester, or as needed)
- Reviews and endorses annual budget presented to Committee for Review of Student Fees on use of Library Technology Fee
The Library Technology Fee provides students with the opportunity to check out a variety of equipment from McKeldin Library and its branches. Click here for more information.