The University Libraries’ reopening plans were approved by campus on June 30, 2020. As part of our phased reopening, we plan to offer curbside pickup of library materials for UMD faculty, staff and students beginning the week of July 27-31. During the remainder of the summer semester, users will be able to schedule appointments for curbside pickup between 9am - 5pm, Monday through Friday.
- Eligibility: UMCP students, faculty, and staff (community members, UMGC, and USMAI are not eligible at this time)
- Appointment Hours: Mon - Fri, 9am - 5pm
- Location: McKeldin Library north side (see below)
During this phase of reopening, you may request circulating items from campus libraries or USMAI libraries as each collection is brought back online and made available through the catalog. To put it simply, if you see the request button, the item is requestable. (Items available through HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Services (ETAS) will not be requestable, but will remain available electronically).
After locating a desired item in our catalog, WorldCatUMD, click the “Request Item” button. Select "University of Maryland, College Park" as your campus affiliation. You may be asked to authenticate using your university login information. Select “UMCP Curbside Pickup” from the “Pickup/delivery locations” drop down menu. (There will be no other College Park locations available).
When your request is ready you will receive the following message via email:
"Dear Library Patron,
Appointments are available from 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday. Each appointment has a pickup window that is 15 minutes in length and may be scheduled using the Curbside Pickup booking page.
- Once notified that we have your item, you will have 10 days to make an appointment before the item is returned to the shelf.
- Curbside Pickup appointments must be made at least 12 hours in advance and confirmed within 24 hours of booking.
- Users may schedule 1 Curbside Pickup appointment per day.
- Appointments must be made using an official UMD email address.
- Photo ID and face mask are required during Curbside Pickup appointment.
- If you have an accessibility issue or special circumstance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with details.
When approaching the Curbside Pickup service point and during your wait, please follow social distancing guidelines and use the ground spacing circles if another patron is ahead of you.
- Upon arrival, please call 301-405-9046 or use the temporary doorbell placed in the Curbside Pickup area to alert library staff of your arrival.
- Read all instructions posted in Curbside Pickup service point window as they may contain updated information.
- When library staff arrive at the Curbside Pickup window please show them your photo ID through the glass
- After your photo ID has been checked, please move back to the waiting area marked on the ground.
- Library staff will open the door and place your bagged library materials on the pickup table.
- After library staff have re-entered the building, you may proceed with collecting your materials.
- Please place any returns in the library bookdrop located near the main entrance. We will not be accepting returns at the curbside pickup location.
Pickup location and Parking
Curbside Pickup location is on the north side of McKeldin Library.
Note: THIS IS NOT THE MAIN ENTRANCE.
There are a few parking spots on Library Lane, or users may park in the Union Lane Garage, Lot 1, or on street parking along Campus Drive. Handicapped accessible parking is available in Lot D on the south side of McKeldin Libary.
- For complete campus parking information, use the campus parking map.