Request Department Delivery
UMD faculty and staff can request that library materials be sent to their department on the College Park campus.
For Interlibrary Loan items, choose "Department Delivery" as your ILL pickup location within the loan request form. You can also set it as your preferred pickup location from your ILL Services account, or at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Items are shipped through campus mail in red canvas bags. Campus mail delivers to departments, not to individual faculty member’s offices. The item will be delivered to the campus department the Libraries have on file for you. It must be an on-campus address (i.e., 20742 zip code; no extra numbers appended to it).
Most items that UMD faculty and staff can request through the catalog or interlibrary loan are eligible to be delivered. Exceptions include:
- Non-circulating materials
- Items on course reserves
- Interlibrary loan items designated "Library Use Only"
Turnaround time may vary, depending on the item’s current availability and where it is coming from:
- Items available at UMD should be delivered in around 3 business days.
- Items available from other USMAI libraries usually take 5-7 business days.
- Items requested through ILL may take 2-3 weeks.
- If an item is available in multiple locations, we will make an effort to choose the copy that will arrive the fastest.
Please do not return items via campus mail. Items returned through campus mail are not trackable, so you may be responsible if an item is lost while en route to the Libraries.
UMD and USMAI items should be returned in person at a library service desk or book drop.
ILL items should be returned in person at a library service desk.