Find Other Types of Materials
If you are looking for a thesis or dissertation, please consult our Theses and Dissertations at University of Maryland Libraries Research Guide that details the different kinds of theses and dissertations available and where to find & access them.
The Libraries provide access to a number of newspaper databases that you can find and access using our Database Finder tool. To find newspapers, first click on the database type drop-down menu
Then select the appropriate option for you. Newspapers are organized into two categories: current and historical.
Examples of Newspaper Databases
Our newspaper databases include:
If you are looking for a specific newspaper, you can search the title (ex. the New York Times) or ISSN (0362-4331) using WorldCat UMD.
From the homepage search box click on WorldCat and enter the title of the journal you're searching for
- Is it an e-newspaper? Click on the red access online button
- Is it a print newspaper?
- Is it available to check out? Note the call number and library location to find it on the shelf
- Is it already checked out? You can request the item through Interlibrary Loan or a University System of Maryland and Affiliated Insitutions (USMAI) library.
- Only need an article? You can request scans through Interlibrary loan.
Didn't find it?
- Change the default sort from Library to Best Match.
- Then request it through Interlibrary Loan