Special Collections in Performing Arts (SCPA)
Located in the Michelle Smith Performing Arts Library (MSPAL), Special Collections in Performing Arts (SCPA) collects, serves, and preserves performing arts materials documenting performance practice, instruction, and scholarship. We are here to help you find archival sources for scholarly research, programming unique performances, or creating new works.
- Music education history
- American band history
- Maryland and Washington, D.C. theatre and dance
- American theatre history and criticism
- American popular music
- Washington, D.C.-area punk rock
- Repertoire for woodwinds and brass
- UMD performing arts faculty papers
Explore and request materials from Special Collections in Performing Arts below.
Our collections are open to the public and can be used in the Irving and Margery Morgan Lowens Room for Special Collections in MSPAL, Monday-Friday 10AM-5PM, barring university closures.