Special Collections in Performing Arts (SCPA)
Located in the Michelle Smith Performing Arts Library (MSPAL), Special Collections in Performing Arts (SCPA) collects, serves, and preserves performing arts materials documenting performance practice, instruction, and scholarship. We are here to help you with archival sources in support of your scholarly or genealogical research, program unique performances, or create new works.
- Music education history
- American band history
- Maryland and D.C. theatre and dance
- American theatre history and criticism
- Popular music
- Washington, D.C.-area punk rock
- Solo, chamber, or method repertoire for flute, clarinet, oboe, trombone, or percussion
- UMD performing arts faculty papers
- Curator of SCPA: John Davis
- SCPA is open Monday through Friday, 10:00 am - 5:00 pm. Appointments are preferred but not required. Appointments enable us to have your materials ready for when you arrive, as well as let you know in advance if there other materials you might want to see.
- SCPA's cataloged materials are available in the open stacks of our reading room, the Irving and Margery Morgan Lowens Room for Special Collections in MSPAL. The Lowens Room is open anytime that MSPAL is open.
- Directions and parking information
- Michelle Smith Performing Arts Library, 8270 Alumni Drive, University of Maryland, College Park, MD 20742 USA