Social Media Guidelines
University of Maryland Libraries use social media (e.g., websites, social networking sites, email, etc.) to engage the University of Maryland community in discussions of collections, services, and programs. We recognize and respect differences in opinion.
Social Media Comment Policy
We encourage you to share your comments and ideas. We value and respect diverse viewpoints and welcome productive dialogue within our Terp community. However, comments created on this platform by other users and not by the University do not reflect the opinions or views of the University of Maryland or the Libraries. Furthermore, we retain the discretion to remove comments for any lawful reason, including but not limited to comments that:
- Contain discriminatory, obscene, threatening, violent, harassing, defamatory, or otherwise unlawful language, images, video or content;
- Share disinformation with intent to harm;
- Violate intellectual property rights;
- Contain commercial endorsements or advertisements or are considered "spam" — repeated posting of identical or very similar content; or
- Disclose confidential information or personally identifiable information, such as an email address, home address or phone number for yourself or others
This page is not monitored 24/7. If you have an emergency, please contact the appropriate authorities.
Submission of a comment establishes the acceptance of and adherence to the guidelines.
Content originating from University of Maryland Libraries employees is not moderated. We allow our employees to post directly to the social media outlets without approval.
Retweets or reshares on Libraries’ accounts do not imply endorsements.
If you have any questions or comments about these guidelines or would like to report a violation of the guidelines, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.