Classic Interlibrary Loan
UBorrow and Scan & Deliver provide a lot of material for University of Maryland students, faculty, and staff. Classic Interlibrary Loan provides the rest. Whether it's a public library at the end of your block or a research institute across the sea, Classic Interlibrary Loan will help you get what you need.
Features of Classic Interlibrary Loan -
- Access to materials worldwide: Last year we borrowed 39,060 items from 1,384 different libraries across the globe. 29 of the libraries were in foreign countries, and 3 were overseas territories. Classic Interlibrary Loan offers you the widest range of possible lenders and the most amount of material.
- No limit on format: Need a dissertation? How about a DVD? Many formats and material types are available through Classic Interlibrary Loan. While it's up to the lending libraries as to what they will provide, we won't limit what you request.
- Reliable Service: We've been doing ILL for a long time, and we have the method down. We typically provide books and other loans within 9 days (with 4 - 12 week loan periods), and articles or other copies within 3 days.
- Free and Open to All: ILL is a free service provided by the University of Maryland Libraries to Faculty, Staff, Graduate, Undergraduate students and Research Affiliates.
- Integrated Service: Requests placed in UBorrow or Scan & Deliver that cannot be attained through those services will automatically be sought through Classic Interlibrary Loan.