Family Study Room
UMD supports a diverse campus community, which includes caregivers and their families. The University Libraries' Family Study Room is located on the third floor of McKeldin. With enough space to fit 6 people, it includes:
- Flexible furniture and kid-sized furniture
- Two public workstations
- Kids' books, toys, coloring books, crafts, puzzles, and more
- May be reserved online for up to two hours at a time.
- Renewals are permissible as long as others have not reserved the room at the conclusion of your reservation.
- Parents / guardians are solely responsible for their children's safety and behavior.
- Children may not be left unattended in the Family Study Room.
- Unattended children under the age of 8 anywhere in the Libraries will be reported to the University Police.
- Failure to follow the Family Study Room rules may result in the loss of room privileges.
- The room is locked
- Keys are available for check out at the Tech Desk on the 2nd floor of McKeldin Library to those who have made a booking.
- Reservation and UMD affiliation will be checked
- Children must be present before the key is provided.
- The key must be returned promptly to the Tech Desk at the conclusion of the reservation or fines may apply.
- Available at the TLC Tech desk for use by children in McKeldin Library
- Age-specific children’s backpacks (0-4 years; 4-8 years; 8-12 years) available
- Backpacks contain books, toys, puzzles, games and coloring books