Library Services Desk
At the UMD libraries, we have service points to help with your borrowing, information, and basic printing needs (or if you just need directions on getting to class or how to log in to a computer). In the McKeldin Library it’s on the first floor and it’s called the Library Services Desk!
- Check out a book you found in the stacks, or pick up an item you requested from our collection or from interlibrary loan
- Return a book or media item (we love getting things back!)
- Get started with your research or a paper you are writing
- Find library materials in our catalog or on the shelf
- Find online sources or get help using our databases
- Talk to a librarian
- Help with interlibrary loan or course reserves processes
- Assistance with microforms or periodicals
- Request a guest login for our computers
- Get help with library software or equipment (including printers)
- We can help explain our Terrapin Express/Photocopy card kiosks for adding money to your Terrapin Express account or purchasing a Copy Card (Visitors)
- Talk to us about copying, printing or scanning something on our printers/copiers/scanners, overhead book scanners, and microform scanners or visit Copy, Print, Scan to get started.
- Find out where to go next in the building or on campus
- Check with us if you’ve lost something in the library (the lost and found is at our desk)
- Have a flat bicycle tire? We’ve got a pump (yes, really!)
- Borrow a pair of scissors or a flash drive
- We also have menstrual products and even earplugs!
- For UMD affiliated users, many of our daytime services are available during our Late Night Study (check hours page for availability)
- Check out Late Night Study or call us at 301-405-9046 to find out if we can meet your specific need
Or if you just haven’t been in a university library yet, come visit the Library Services Desk, we can let you know what you've been missing!
Also in the McKeldin Library:
If you have any questions, call us at 301-405-9046 or use the chat box at the bottom right hand corner of your screen.
*The Terrapin Tech Store has moved to room 0398 on the ground floor of the Edward St. John building and will no longer be located in McKeldin. Call 301-405-1500 or visit ESJ to get help with your general UMD account, personal laptop, or buy new hardware and software.