McKeldin Library Services Desk
To serve you better, we now have one service location on the first floor of McKeldin Library! Come to the Library Services Desk if you:
- Need help with locating library materials
- Want to check out a book or reserve item, or pick up a hold or interlibrary loan
- Would like to talk to a librarian
- Need help with interlibrary loan or course reserves
- Are having a problem with library software or equipment (including printers)
- Want assistance with microforms
- Have lost something in the library (the lost and found is at our desk)
- Have a flat bicycle tire (yes, really!)
- Need to borrow a pair of scissors, a flash drive, or get a pair of earplugs or menstrual products
Need to work on a document or print something?
We have 325 computers connected to 6 printers that can print black and white or full color. We have Terrapin Express/Photocopy card kiosks for adding money to your Terrapin Express account
Need to scan or copy something?
We have 6 copier/scanners (which can photocopy or scan to email or an external drive), 3 overhead book scanners, and 5 microform scanners. More info: Copy, Print, Scan.
Also in McKeldin Library:
Get help with your personal laptop or buy new Apple hardware and software at the Terrapin Tech store.
The TLC Tech Desk, on McKeldin Library's second floor, provides other services, including:
- Equipment loan
- Special format and 3D printing
- Whiteboard markers and erasers
- 2nd floor study room reservations
If you have any questions, call us at 301-405-9046 or Ask Us!